Saturday, March 21, 2009

Snuggled up somethin Fierce

A few years back....... Lets say 4 - I was sitting at home on the computer........(things haven't changed much) ..... But it was at a time when the hit R&B singer "Akon" was making his break through debut within the wonderful world of remixed music with his hit "Lonely" covering the smash 1960's hit Mr.Lonely. It was with this song that I created a trademark sound with my partner in crime. The sound is trademarked by a simple Charlie Brown head raise to the ceiling and with a quick breath - out comes a depressed "AAWOOOO WOOO woooOOOoOOO!"

This sound is often heard in times of depression while the other is around - or when we jokingly call the other one Lonely. We usually do it in the joking manner. Yet don't just assume we are joking - There's always a hint of truths in our jokes......... Or at least mine....... Jordan not so much...... He's a liar............ I mean............. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaBIG liar!

So it was last night. I found myself sitting in my own depression with the sting of loneliness watching show after show on the tube and always seeing the power house love couples. Thinking about it is probably the worst.

Now before I indulge you any further - allow me to describe the next part through a little lesson.
Comfort comes from SOO many different places. And now I wouldn't call this person a blanket of care and compassion - but they are one hell of a comforter.

My cat.

That's right.

I have always heard about how pets can be your best friend, always there and blah blah blah - but my cat the little suck has been there to snuggle up to me, help me feel a bit better about myself. Just "BEING there". It's odd how an animal can do soo much just by the cuteness of their face when it takes a friend a series of long and touching words to help make you better. I know it'd work the same as say the smile of your child or even just the feelings you see within the eyes of your significant other. But for me - one without a child or significant other, find myself having found a warmth inside the curious furry face of my cat Tigger.... Also known through out my household as "Tigger Toad".

I don't understand where the "toad" came in - I just recall my mother saying it a ton and its stuck. Much like a pet name..... for .... a pet.....with a name....... cough.

But Tigger has taken on a few human characteristics as of late. One time when my mom forgot to flush the toilet tigger ran on in there and flushed it..... Oddest moment. My mom had a grand ol chuckle over the event waking up the entire household. He gets annoyed too when you don't acknowledge him when he sits down beside you. If you don't pet him while he gives you the luxury of sitting beside him - he gets annoyed and very slightly with his paw he begins to poke you until you look over and give him a nice little pat. He has also taken on polite eating habits - instead of shoving his face into his bowl as if to be a pig and a troff - he now sits down - rests his hands on either side of the bowl and then begins to chow down.... Yet the stupid little diva has begun to mope around and cry out at us a lot more if he does not get his 5 square meals a day.... bloody hobbit....... Now I say square as more of an inside pun to myself to make myself laugh..... you see his food is in the shape of a square.... cough... anyway...


So to rewind ----- I was sitting in my living room.

Depressed out of my mind - busting out the "ahwooo" --- my cat jumps down on to the couch beside me knocking my uke on to the ground and cuttle's up to me. I think this is cute, but continue on with my little self indulgent bliss. Realising he didn't give me the push as I needed - I feel - very gently, a tiny little paw rest on my hand. I look down and his paw was just resting on top of my hand as to say that's alright. I looked at him and he was just merely staring up at me. It was one of those serendipitous moments where it was just soo perfect and whimsical that he cheered me right up.

You can find comfort in many things. A song - a friend - an warm blanket - or even in the absolute WORST case - food. Of course in the usual case I have found it within the music of Jason Mraz as I have mentioned several hundred times within this blog. But as the sting and the feeling of miss came about - it was great for something new.

-And as the years pass and I find myself stumbling towards the computer much like I have done in the past - and making that all to firmiliar sound of "ahwooo" like I have for years - I will continue to find comfort in the gratitude of being alive and able to live in this carefree, completely random and soo (I'll say it again) serindipitous lifestyle. It's been a joy. Even without that heart throb...... that.....heart.......sniff......


AHWOOO WOOO WOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo...............

Smile

tho'

your heart is aching,

Smile

Even though it's breaking,

When there are clouds in the sky-

You'll get by,

If you

Smile through your fear and sorrow,

Smile and maybe tomorrow

You'll see the sun come shining through-

For you.

Light up your face with gladness,

Hide ev'ry trace of sadness,

Altho' a tear may be ever so near,

That's the time you must keep on trying,

Smile-

What's the use of crying,

You'll find that life is still worthwhile,

If you just smile.

-by Charlie Chaplin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

miracle cat. i like that.

Unknown said...

miracle cat?? Jeez... how do you get him to do that?? You're cat is pure evil! Bahahah! Ok, not not PURE evil, but scary nonetheless. Shaun still says "HISSSSSSSSS" whenever we said "what does Tigger say?". LOL!!

But it's good to hear that you had a 'friend' to help you thru.