Thursday, March 5, 2009

Never knock another man's Swing










Just laying back today shamelessly downloading tunes to listen to. Dreaming of "Tabitha" my Ukulele which is up in my room and not in my arms right now. Thought I'd drop a name or two to get you all in tune with the tunes that I have tuned into.....Tune...

Anya Marina -

Recommended to me by Freshness Guru Mr.Jason Mraz - This girl is pretty fun. Higher voice than most of the ladies out on the airwaves - but I am dyeing with her version of "Someday my Prince Will Come" from Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I suggest Downloading it off your Itunes. Pay the $1 for it. It'll be worth it. Preview it if you don't believe me.

Another respectable musician to make note of is my re appreciation for John Mayer. His song "The Heart of Life" - isn't any real change from his other songs - but there are a few notes in there that bring me back to simpler loving times where there wasn't just me sitting here listening to music in my comfy sweats.

I'm following a new philosophy to music and artists. I don't feel too bad now when I download songs for free off of my selected musical pirate device - to bandaid myself into the script from "Almost Famous" - I am beginning to just really appreciate artists who don't care about the money tree. Artists who are out just playing music for it to be heard and not to make the "Benjamins" off of is the way Im diggin it these days.
Artists today have this idea that they just need to come out with their next album regardless of the crap they go scooping out on to it. I'm not understanding the artistic method of some of these woman (in particular) these days making a song with heavy beats and lyrics that repeatedly tell some man (or woman in some cases) that "their bootlicious boom boom aint got dat pump without that lovin somethin".......... I'm not quoting any specific song - but I'm sure if you give it a year you'll be hearing something similar by our semi legally sane singer Brittany Spears.
Not to knock those heavy beats - I know driving in a car late at night it could be fun loosing yourself with your friends as you speed down the freeway. But c'mon people - the summer is brewing - I especially am one of those blasting the music with the windows down kinda guys - let's hear some "flava"! It'll be closing in to 9am and I'll hear a song about "dem boom booms" blasting up and down my street. C'mon - how does something like that wake you up in the morning. The high pressured melody I understand - but for those of you who can understand what the frick people are talking about in those songs - do you honestly wake up with songs like that? I suppose a lot of people don't listen to the lyrics these days - but creativity and originality in music is no longer a must these days.

I live off the life philosophy of "Never knock another man's swing" - meaning - Thats who they are - love em for living it the way they do - even if it absurd - what ever helps the brotha wake up happy in the mornings...... I just struggle sometimes - you know - questioning things... It's not an old man thing. I'd consider myself one of the cats who wear their trousers a tad lower than respectable and not really care because of how comfortable it is against your happy cheeks. But for those people can't find themselves and cling on to something that would leave them all together "un coordinated" in their life - are they truly happy?
Gangsta rap is respectable. Being angry twenty four/seven because that's how "dem playa's" act is RIDICULOUS! Put a smile on next time your at a McDonald's - hell it comes free on the Menu.
And you know I'd reach out to some and try to help them understand that it's cool to be happy - but living in the neighborhood I do - I'd be a little concerned about what they may be reaching back out at me.

But if they are "happy" being "angry" - then Let it be. Odd...... But oh well -

So as a method for you all to begin living your lives. Try - as I am - to not question another human being and how they present themselves - if it's what makes them smile in the mornings then thats all that matters.
(this is of course excluding all lawbreakers and Stephen Harper - question the hell out of that guy!)

Open up your mind and see like me.
-pJ

1 comment:

Jenny said...

dear PJ.
I enjoy your blog.
It entertains me.
A lot.