Saturday, October 10, 2009

Through my eyes


There's something in a song.

We all know this vague statement to be true.  EIther by a romantic feeling of bliss or some beat driven pound in the backdrop playing a quick wrestling match with your chest as it beats louder and louder in that cadillac driving past quite obnoxiously to say "This is what you should like - so suck it!"......

pfft - so suck it......  lame

There is something in a guitar string - preferably an acoustic -  that beautifies moments and brings an odd sense of abyss to someone psyche.  

And then of course there is something is a song that goes --- (pardon my french) -- "WAY TO RUIN A MOMENT YOU COCKTEASE!!"

Vulgar yes ---- but let's think for a second..... Although disturbed that I mentioned a rooster right there - How many songs did you think of that made you go "If only they had..............."

Okay none seeing how I mentioned a Penis .......  But C'mon - let's face it folks -- we know what we like and sometimes what we like makes us believe we know what's best for a song.

Like Reggae. 

It's slowly becoming my favorite genre....  But of course - like an afro --- There is an original --- and a white boy version ..... :) 

I know I know ---  I usually discuss on Jason Mraz every few blogs but this time I wont.......... as much :)

-Mission 32- Sean-a Paul Somi-da-somthin!

HOW do people not hate it when an artist screams out their names at the beginning of a song - or even in the middle or ending ..... OR how about during a performance?!!?!  -- C'mon people --  Not only is this a tacky technique in order to get an audience member "into the song" (lazy fricken "artist") -- but also it actually takes away from the song ..... IN MY OPINION of course....  There are in this world people who enjoy being swoon off their feet to some gentlemen of sorts screaming out their own name in a song - this of course gives them the fortunate opportunity to drive down a city block with the bass blowing both their car speakers and their ear drums out just to say "YEH - SHAGGAY!"

Don't get me wrong - I love Shaggy -- He tickles my fancy when I feel like turning on some of the sexy music to get into a jive of sorts - but please .....  Unless I was listening to the radio and didn't hear the introduction to the song by the DJ - THEN and only THEN will I appreciate a little eminem style of "hi my name is" --- but thats only if it's a good song.  

Not to say it's much better - but thinking back to music I don't listen to - "JaRule"  if we all remember that bald headed minstrel - he would be a bit of a tease - as to not say his name but to ask you what it was.....  You all know what I speak of ...... (again - sorry for my foreign language) "What's my Mutha Fuckin name?!"  - He would shout..... This was clever for the sole purpose of getting people to love him more and more through his cockiness - because he KNEW he didn't have to announce his name as if to enter a room full of strangers - but instead ask each and everyone of us - "who's our mack dadday?" --- And he knew - it would be him......  What a guy....  Man of my own heart --- yet in the wrong business :) 

So in light of my deep hatred to an "artist" attempting to write poetry through the over abundance use of their own name --- I entitle this next piece 

"The Beach Boyd"

haha not even going to .....  But I could have done something similar and wrote "Backstreet Boyd"  -- but honestly people - I don't know how to really get my point across!  -- It's like hearing the lyrics :

"Imagine there's no heaven - it's easy if you try.
No hell below us.  Above us only sky -- 
JOHN LENNON MUTHA FUCKAAA!"

Ruins it don'tcha think?

Poetry....  - It's compassion through the educated?  No...  not quite.....  Is it a bit of scripture that teaches us romantics? ------  No .... 

It's in living.  Loving - ---  Poetry is about touching another.  To move.  To live.  To write.

Kid you not - I love poetry - not in the sense where I could quote Keats or talk to you about the fine beauty in Angelou's writings or Whitmans incredible beard behind the words....  

I write this because I see art in everything ..... Even in the plastic bottles that litter our world ---  and when I see beauty - I see Poetry.......  

These are the things I see in my eyes...  My eyes see the romantic things...  It's who I am... You may be the one who sees a painting or a song from the clouds in the sky or the child skipping to the beat of traffic.......
(hint - click on link below)
WE DAY - teaches us to love everyone and to help everyone....  What is better in love then to help?  -  C'mon - What is a stronger way to love someone than to help them?  Whether it's to put a smile on their face or to give them a hug......  it helps.

I know for the students of this world that struggle to buy that loaf of bread and skippy peanut butter - to help support a child in another country or to support a charity is something we can only think of as a nice thing --- I say - use your recourses and love each other.  Help the people close to home if the people far away you feel are not in reach....  I encourage you -- and even MYSELF - to reach out as far as you can go -- but if the person beside you is the person in need.........  DO NOT hesitate - No more - Noooo More - This is our fate...............  The WORLD is ours.....  Let's clean it like a kitchen ;)

-Funny how I can go from crappy rap singers to helping the world huh???

-it's how I do;)

-pJ

No comments: