Thursday, January 29, 2009

a Port of Passage













Society - as I have learned...... and paid for ..... Has little ways of brainwashing us all!


Like how about all of us city boys with good intentions at heart. Y'know the kind I speak of - That cute fun loving boy who you think, "Is he too good to be true?" ....... Well yes! But rather he is too Untrue to be good. That boy is the way he is for one specific reason...... 90's Family sitcoms..
Every decade has their own Family Sitcoms - but the 90's - oh by the fiery depths of Nantucket did they ever! They gave us heart felt shows with really matters touch on by Family's (see where I'm going here before I repeat myself a second time?) - The shows I speak of are "Family Matters" and "Full House."


All those messages of well hearted jibber jabber just gets to me.

Changing the mode away from television - there is a way that "The Man" brainwashed into our heads year after year under our very noses...... Above our very smiles. Dancing abrupt our upper lip and criss crossing it's way past the eyes and throughout the nostrils.


Think back to old School photos.

Now at an early age you would have had to master a method or you were done for. Try your hardest not to smile as you go for an important photo op and the photographer begins to count down from 3. Or even up to 3..... Oh dear. I hope for your sake they count down....

As a keen observer of the human........ Of the human. I noticed today on an outing that I have been trained through the art of manipulation to always smile whilst someone counts down mere single digits before taking your picture.

It's a cruel world. I can barely stand by and take it.


This recent photo opportunity was very random.

-realising I was going away for this spring break I looked up things I may need........................ After dwelling on money for a week I awoke this morning thinking of my Passport. Now I first got my passport in 2004 - being the last time I needed to fly any where - I haven't fully had the need. So gazing at what was once a delightful photo of myself.....scratch that - a thunderously awful picture to which all matter of puberty woke up - took a look at me and then bitch slapped me for waking it up.

Well - This will hopefully be the only time I ever write down a mission without actually having yet accomplished it. But tomorrow - being a Friday - I plan to go in an do it. I plan to reapply for a Passport....... sigh... Oh boy.

-Mission 13- a Port of Passage

So wish me luck all you lucky punks whom passports will soon retire on a later date. For I shall awaken at the crack of dawn - fill my belly with caffeinated love - slap down a few transportation tokens and get on my way to whats going to be one of the LONGEST lines since Disney brought us such rides as both Splash and Space Mountain - And trust me folks, there are nooo rush tickets for this show - It's die or dead .............I mean......... Wait or............ sigh.... I'm going to be soooo tired...... :(


OUT WITH THE OLD
AND IN WITH THE NEW!

Now in my defense I am both horrible at taking photo's seeing how this was about my third try and the man kept counting down. "For the love of Mary & Joseph with his Technicolored dream coat STOP COUNTING!!!!"

And also every body takes awful passport photos. Excluding my Dad - He "quote un quote" (hah) looks very cool in his seeing how he has a giant Afro - a dashing smile - and a rockin peach fuzzy beard in his................. Now for those who know my father....... He is losing quite the amount of hair. Hasn't had a fro since he brought me into this world - and his beard is whiter than "Usher's" last album. I would say it is a TAAAD over expired.

Gosh I hate photo's -

No comments: