Monday, December 22, 2008

Belly of a Tree



Whats in your wallet?

Ummm, I got some gift cards, receipts, old school pictures, Drivers license, some purple stuff... & Sunny D! ALRIGHT!!!!


So honestly, tell me...... What is it with this holiday that make people think that a mall is a "fun" place to be @ THREE days before Christmas? Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for.... Fricken LAZY!

Yes yes I understand that you sometimes really don't know what to get someone until that moment when you re-inact one of those "best Buy" commercials when you go " I'm looking for one of those "" OH MY GOSHH MA ROSH!! I TOTALLY LOVE IT"" type of gifts"..... Then the sales clerk looks at you weird and simply says, "私はそれを得ない。" ..........

Dang people wearing shirts that MATCH the exact color of the workers uniform!... C'mon people, I don't care if you just finished at a soccer game... DO NOT walk into a foot locker until you put on a different shirt!

Okay the fun part is the shopping. Now when I say that, I mean the shopping for me. It's one of those moments when you know you have to give something back but you end up pulling a Simpson, and go "one for you, one for me."

"So pJ, what did you get your family, "well I got a (write name of presents here........) and then a jacket new white dress shirt and cd/dvd of Jason Mraz for me!"

sniff................................. I swear I got them nice stuff.............cough...... How about dem isotopes huh? ...... They're crazy!

I'm going to quote a man that I do quite frequently, and I want you to take it in what ever way comes to you first.... Please.

"Step into the light, and see how Awesome you can be."

-J.mraz

-Mission 9- Gift 'o matic-- HYDRO matic! - Why it could be Grease Lightning!.... cough I mean Christmas!.....lightning.......

Now, this year has been a surreal one with the Holidays. I haven't quite figured it out fully. I have the tip of the ice burg all figured out, yes love and laughter along with Holiday tidings and X-mas lights have made my nights something to look forward to over the last few nights. But my attitude and the way I have been taking in life the last little while has been something of question to myself.

For example....... (haha as if I'd ever leave you with such an unfulfilled paragraph ;) )
I was put on (what I like to call) "Flirt Duty", at work. Now flirt duty is pretty much where you are placed at the front of the store welcoming each customer and informing them about our deals and getting them interested in buying. Now in this prestigious job I get the opportunity to say hi to many people. Many kinds of people and their many kinds of emotions bouncing off their face and smacking my own. But as I am supposed to be forceful in my approach, I get down to bidness and inform them about my daily news @ good 'ol American Eagle.
And now there was this one person..... Yes female.... cough totally non of your business but oh well.. seeing how you asked...... Any way...

I asked her ever so simply "Do you know about our deals?" WAAAPOOOOOOSH! The smack...... .. no no hahaha She didn't smack me in the face. Only her emotion and her eyes were just locked on me as if she were fishing for my own. And boom.. Such a serendipitous moment where I had become physically nervous talking to her and saying something as simple as "Buy one and get the 2nd 50% off!".... She just stared and in the kind of humor I would have responded with "No I have not heard! Tell me about it!"....... Wowzers.... Caught me off gaurd she did!!!
But this singular moment in my 6 hour shift of hell on earth, reflected how I have been feeling about life right now. Caught off guard. With a little less eyes and smack talkin emotions but all in the same - taken aback.

I have stepped out into a spotlight this holiday season in search of not only someone I have yet to be in my life, but also the perfect gift for that someone of thought. In past years I have merely chosen one of three gifts laying on my mothers bed for one of my brothers. The other two would be either given to them as a special surprise or as a typical "from Santa" gifts. Cough I mean....... Santa asked if he could give them....... ummm..... AHHHH!

But this year... I don't know... This year is that year where I have tried to strike or occur to with a sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment, as through unexpectedness with my present selections for my family hahaha. And so far so good. I have a few possible let downs. But thats the thrill of giving, hoping that it brings a smirk to the face of the receiver and not one of those eye brow twitches where they thing "now if I dig deeper in the box will I find a gift receipt?"

But all in all the only draw back to this complete odd set of arrangements this holiday year. I will be spending my first year since I was the age of 14 as a single male..... Odd. Even the highschool romances kind of held me straight and true through the season.... But perhaps this could be why I am so joyful(and triumphant :D ) this year. No shotty wench to spoil my fun in the snow!... COugh ... I mean... No flower breathing love muffin to coil our love in the coo of this holiday....day.....

But no matetr what dodgy circumstance I have had in the past that may or may not have dragged this feeling out to the year of '08, I'm thankful it did...... What else would I have written about tonight???

George Clooney !?!!


-Step into the light, and see how Awesome you can be.

-p.J..... Merry couple of days!

No comments: