Monday, April 27, 2009

Mr.Procrastinate


At work today (American Eagle) - the last shift of my non stop day after day week of A/E - and now on to my week off.... Not going to lie - I wish it was a little more spread out. But knowing my manager - she'll call me in for a couple of shifts while I'm off - so I'm not too worried. BUT if not - today was memorable enough to last a week of no work. I'll remember it for one specific reason..... A lady.... And not one of those times when you think "AND WHAT A LADY!" - but an elderly lady whom had one heck of a mind to her.


Now to inform this story I need to tell you that American Eagle has signs and other stylish assortment of things inside with really suggestive sayings on them. Now our motto is not - "Live your Life @ American Eagle". And along with each new collection of clothes for each season comes a special saying. We get a sign with the saying on it to post in front of our store with a model on the front of it wearing our new clothes in sexy ways that a lot of us only dream of being able to sport from day to day. But this sign simply says.......... "Free Your Legs"........... Now this little old dust bunny comes waltzing in with a little old grin on her wrinkled face of stories, comes straight up to me and asks "nooowwwwww what does free your legs mean?"

Innocent? You would think so... But if it were not for quick eyebrow twitch raising upward to assume the worst of this question - this little old nanny went from Mary Poppins aged 65 to Granny from next door on search for her last hurraaaahh...
But of course I kept my cool. No sense being creeped out openly - especially since this woman is lookin for some happy times.... SO professionally I begun to talk about our deal on selected "shorts" as part of our Summer collection..... She didn't care for it. She looked at me and said - "Oh, this doesn't look like a store for a woman like me" - she turned away and exited my life. Farewell you old bird!

-Mission 21- Procrastination Sensation

It has become a cycle of mine - Where my mind fully shuts off and I just can't bring myself to finishing anything until I see something finished.

I got into this blog deal from my role model - a Mr. Jason Mraz... His philosophy of life and gratitude and happiness encouraged me to begin writing again after a long Hiatus.
In high school I took a course called "Writers Craft". It was one of the most rewarding courses I took throughout my high school years. Except sadly and PAINFULLY there is a portion to each class where everyone has to take time and write a journal entry.
AFTER hundreds of these damn entries I couldn't take it. The stories started to lack and the haiku's begun to suck more coo then a pigeon whose lost it's voice.

Soooo I stopped it very quickly.

But it's been refreshing to write a few times per month to talk about what ridiculous moments I encounter that add up to my life.

Among all the scripts for plays and screenplays and musical ideas that have come round through my thoughts and RANDOM writing moments - I turned to music. Last Christmas my parents rocked my world with a Tenor Ukulele as my gift. I play that guy ALLLLL the time... I called her Tabitha - I've spoken about her a few times. She's my world haha. I have gotten pretty good. Nothing to go touring around the world with - but I have written music and come up with melodies with Tabi that therapeutically help chill life down. She's been a real doll.

BUT alas - I have never finished a song. I get the opening of a song and I write down a few dummy lyrics but for the LIFE of me, I just can't seem to finish a song. I have about 5 killer songs of mine that I play constantly - but I repeat the same ridiculous verses about heart break and the search for love sooo many times I'm just aching to find the end to at least one of em...

But I come close. Yes, yes I do. I really do come close to finishing those suckers. If it weren't for my RIDICULOUS procrastination! For most of the people who read this - you find times where you WANT to do something - anything - except for the one thing that you are supposed to be doing? You know what I'm talkin about - Don't act like I'm preaching to the choir - they will stand there in their robes and LISTEN AND ENJOT IT!!!!!!

Since I have been off of school for a couple of years now it is human nature to live your life the way you like and just fill in the blanks. Y'know - for example - when I would have homework - HA- and I would procrastinate and just pull off the art of "sitting" for most of my nights. Now that there has been no option too ignore homework for me I have lost my effort at writing on this blog.
It's not because I don't want to -But rather - I haven't done too much excluding the constant working. And as WACKY as that may seem to a few of you lifeless swines - it hasn't been adventurous.

And of course - along with my MALE cycle -ha!- There haven't been too many blogs written by the J-man himself to encourage/remind me of a theme to write about. This euphoria that has been my blog has been on some sort of shut down because of my lack of bloggage. It's like writing baggage - on the interweb........ ahem.... any way....

Finally the one I look too for some sort of release from this world wrote a blog.............. It was about Procrastinating........

C'mon!!! hahaha - I'm trying not tooo procrastinate any more myself!! Toss a brotha some inspiration!

But when a fan - such as myself.......... Not a spinning piece of plastic but rather someone who idolises someone AS WELL as God..... Yes yes, the bible tells us all not to idolise anybody but him - BUTTTTTT C'mon!!! As a human I try not to stress and to feel about certain things as if it were the Pirate Code ----- more guide lines.......
And soo ladies and......... MORE lady ;) - I ask you this .......................... I've got nothing.... But I wanted to give a shout out any way.................................... A Shout out to the laaaadies :D......
HA!
So amongst the last few days of my schooless - lifeless - life - I salute you all for reading this. I have gotten into a school as you have learned - for Musical Theater Performance. NOT BAD - but as much sd people would assume it'll get to my head - (just because of my humor) - I am terrified - It feels like I will constantly be at an audition - I'm really anxious to get in there and get comfortable - But it has all sunk in - and I will go in there open heatedly and feasting out some humble pie...... I think nervousness is overrated. Not to sound like a southern mother who lives on an alligator farm - "nervousness is the devil!" - haha.

C'mon folks...... Here it is... This is life... DO NOT try to show up other people.... It's hard not to be accepted or acknowledged when you work uncontrollably hard. But one thing that I took from how I held myself at my audition for my new school was that I went and I was myself.... If they didn't want me - then they didn't need someone like me. It's hard to take but why be someone else JUST to go somewhere? Will you REALLY have a good time? I went there and I was myself - there were guys singing triumphant opera tenor notes - They could overwhelm a moose - but that's not me..... I brought who I am to the table. I didn't go to beat anyone. I went to showcase what I have. I wasn't going to try to be someone else.... And yes - I got in. It's overwhelming and terrifying and amazing all at once....... But hey - this is life isn't it?

Procrastination is something I would love to put into the past with that sickly lady from the mall - and Thug masta G' from my audition - but things just somehow sneak back up to you - and sooooo Mr.Procrastination - I salute you - and ask you to get the CRAP outta my life - pJ's got some livin to do.....

-rock on folks - and hey! Go live your Life -
-pJ

No comments: